TechGrayscale is looking for a Front End Developer
We’re looking to add a full-time full-stack developer to our team, to contribute to world class digital experiences in an agency environment. We’re not looking for just any developer. You should be something like:
—4 parts technical engineer
—2 parts creative thinker
—1 part mad scientist/tinkerer
(we often think in cocktail recipe format)
You should have a good awareness of current best practices and emerging technologies, and often collaborate with our design team. You will be an integral piece of our small team.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with our design team and senior lead developers to create engaging digital experiences, leveraging a modern, responsive front end stack
- Work as a team throughout project’s lifecycle to vet and push the possibilities of what a concept can be
- Contribute to and refine our development process and its growth
- Remain curious and help discover new technologies and practices within an ever growing practice
- Rapidly prototype working interactive models, to test larger ideas
- Have some direct client contact (in more technical settings) and should cultivate strong relationships
What We're Looking For
- 3-5 years of experience creating responsive websites within an agency environment
- Experience developing for Content Management Systems (primarily Wordpress) with both custom theme code as well as WYSIWYG editors (Elementor, Webflow etc)
- The ability to operate autonomously, managing time and multiple projects with regards to both estimation and execution in a remote environment
- A working knowledge of Figma, Sketch and the Adobe Suite. Familiarity with digital formats, their use, limitations and best practices
- Experience with writing documentation around requirements, functionality, maintenance and handoff
- Experience with frameworks such as Angular, Vue and React a plus as well as Git and deployment processes
What We Believe In
- Creativity matters. And it’s an inclusive exercise. Never assume you know everything. Be curious. Don’t be afraid to get it wrong. Iterate. Start with the problem; not the solution.
- Well-informed design solves real problems. We’re not decorators, nor is this about personal taste. Probing questions and thorough research yield inspired results.
- Be curious. Question what you’re told, and never assume you have all the answers. Always be learning. Never rest on your laurels. Look in unexpected places for answers.
- Trust instinct; be relevant. Pay attention to the world around you. Get out of your comfort zone. Know your audience.
- Take pride in your craft. Have integrity in everything you do. Do whatever it takes. Give a shit. Show up as the best version of yourself, as often as possible. Magic happens when our clients do the same.
We’re committed to building a diverse team, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Interested candidates should provide 3-5 sophisticated examples of their work to be considered for this position. Please send your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck, and we look forward to reviewing the talented applicants!